• Amazing cleaning and superior customer service are 100% guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with the completed cleaning, please call or email us within 24 hours of service and we'll return to address whatever we may have missed. We do not offer refunds or discounts.
• Good communication is the best way to ensure your satisfaction. Let us know how to improve or what to do differently.
• Payment is due on the day of service, without exception. We accept cash, personal check and credit cards. A late fee of $20 will be assessed for each 7 day period past the cleaning date.
• We invoice via e-mail at the close of business for clients who are unavailable at the appointment time. Simply enter your credit card information. You are welcome to store your card on file.
• An additional fee of $34 per hour, per team member, will be assessed if your home requires cleaning beyond the typical time allotted. We bill in 15 increments.
• We reserve the right to raise prices at any time. You will be notified of price increases in advance and credit cards on file will be charged accordingly.
Canceling & Rescheduling & Lock Outs:
• You are welcome to alter appointments with at least 48 hours’ notice
• Please know that your time slot is reserved for you and you alone. If you cancel on short notice, we still compensate our staff.
• If we are locked out of your home for 15 minutes or more, we will move onto our next appointment.
• We charge $70 for late cancellations, late re-bookings or lock outs.
Holidays We do not provide service on the following holidays - if you have an appointment scheduled for these days, it will be rescheduled in advance:
- New Years Day 1/01
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day 7/04
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day 12/25
• We cannot provide a precise appointment time (other than the 1st appointment at 8:30) and so will offer either a "morning" or "afternoon" time slot. We cover 9 neighborhoods in the downtown area and try to group appointments by location. Please allow an arrival window of 4 hours.
• An 8:30am arrival time works well for clients who like to meet before heading into the office. You can let the team in and we'll secure the door when cleaning is complete. It's also the recommended time slot for clients with babies - as they are generally up and heading out of the house, which allows the team to clean your home without interrupting their ever changing schedules.
• Client appointments prior to yours may take more or less time than anticipated. Road construction and traffic, particularly during morning and afternoon rush hour, sometimes causes delays.
Access to Your Home: • Maid in JC operates Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Providing us with a key prevents time-wasting and costly lock-outs. We charge a $70 fee if we are unable to enter. To ensure access, please choose one of these options:
1. Key: We encourage regular clients to provide us with house keys. Keys are coded (no personal information), stored in a lockbox and dispensed only on the day of your cleaning. In the unlikely event that a key is misplaced, we will notify you immediately and pay for replacement and lock change if required.
2. Concierge: Permission to Enter (PTE) must be on file and a key left with the front desk.
3. Meet Us: We will call or text you about 1 hour before arrival.
• We love animals but even the friendliest dog can become nervous when the vacuum cleaner gets going. Our safety, and your pets’ comfort, are important. We ask that your pet is restrained and/or that you are home to supervise until animals and team members are accustomed to one another. We cannot be held responsible for unsecured pets during the time of the appointment.
• We train our team to take extra care with your belongings, however, accidents can happen. Our staff is instructed to report incidents immediately to our office and we will contact you. If it appears that we mishandled an item, we must be contacted within 24 hours of your appointment. We cannot be responsible for damage reported beyond this time frame.
• Items of extreme or sentimental value are best cleaned by the homeowner. You are responsible for letting us know if there are valuable or irreplaceable items such as heirlooms, so that we can instruct our staff not to touch them. We cannot take responsibility for cleaning or damage to these items if they have not been pointed out to us.
• Maid in JC’s liability is limited to a refund of the amount paid for the service rendered on the date the damage occurred. Maid in JC -- at its sole discretion and without admitting liability -- may offer to replace or repair the property in lieu of a refund. Maid in JC will choose the method, manner and service provider for repair or replacement.
• We cannot take responsibility for damage to items that are loosened, inadequately secured or mounted, negligently placed, excessively worn or in poor repair.
• Maid in JC has the right to take photos in your home to communicate damage. Photo will be limited to the item/issue involved and is for the sole purpose of communication to management and to you.
• We conduct background checks and screen our staff prior to hiring. We closely monitor their attitude, behaviour and performance. We want to assure you that we will cooperate fully if you suspect that property is missing from your home. In this event:
1. Contact us immediately so that we can talk to our staff. They may have noticed the item in an unusual place, mistakenly moved it or relocated it for safekeeping as they worked.
2. Search your home carefully. Most of us misplace things from time to time, so please give a second look around.
3. If you conclude that an item has been removed, contact your local police department, file a report and request an investigation.
Maid in JC is bonded. Our coverage will compensate a homeowner for theft if the individual responsible is convicted. We know that the police frequently do not follow up on this sort of report so we strongly urge, as a precaution, that you keep valuables out of sight and in a safe location.
Extras and Special Requests:
• Had a party and need extra tidying? We are happy to book a longer appointment if you contact us 48 hours in advance. Deeper cleaning for (floor scrubbing, window washing, etc.) will entail additional time and specialty equipment - we can advise the upcharges.
• Let us help with dust and grime after a construction or home-improvement project. Call or e-mail to discuss what we can do after your crew is all done.
Pricing • Initial Visits and those scheduled beyond 14 days are priced at an hourly rate with minimums based on size, layout, number of beds / baths, etc. We bill in 15 minute increments and time is rounded up to the nearest quarter of an hour. It can take a considerable amount of effort and time to provide an initial cleaning. • Flat Rate pricing is issued for biweekly and weekly visits only. The price is our best estimate of the time it will take to maintain the cleaning of a home with similar square footage, condition and level of *stuff*. If you've had a party, hosted a your children's friends for a rainy week or simply haven't had the time to pick up clothes, clear clutter from all surfaces and load your dishwasher, we are up for the challenge. Please note that you will be billed accordingly for the additional time taken to clean your home.